Migraine Headache Pain Solutions
What is a migraine headache?
A migraine headache is a form of vascular headache. Migraine headaches are caused by vasodilatation or “the enlargement of blood vessels”, that that leads to the release of certain chemicals from nerve fibers that coil around the large arteries within the brain. When these blood vessels enlarge, they stretch the nerves that coil around them and cause the nerves to release chemicals. These chemicals then cause inflammation, pain, and further enlargement of the artery. As the enlargement of these arteries repeats or increases, it also magnifies the pain felt by the sufferer.
Migraine attacks commonly activate the sympathetic nervous system in the body. The sympathetic nervous system is often thought of as the part of the nervous system that controls primitive responses to stress and pain, the so-called “fight or flight” response, and this activation causes many of the symptoms associated with migraine attacks; for example, the increased sympathetic nervous activity in the intestine causes nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
- Sympathetic activity also delays emptying of the stomach into the small intestine and thereby prevents oral medications from entering the intestine and being absorbed.
- The impaired absorption of oral medications is a common reason for the ineffectiveness of medications taken to treat migraine headaches.
- The increased sympathetic activity also decreases the circulation of blood, and this leads to pallor of the skin as well as cold hands and feet.
- The increased sympathetic activity also contributes to the sensitivity to light and sound sensitivity as well as blurred vision.
It is estimated that approximately 30 percent of the general population of the U.S. suffers from chronic pain. That statistic translates to over 86 million people in the United States. Of those 86 million, approximately 30 million people suffer from migraine or other severe headaches. In a recent study, the effects of chronic pain were followed. Of the patients suffering from chronic pain in the study:
- 42% say pain has affected their relationship with their spouse
- 48% have experienced depression
- 18% have overdosed on pain medications
- 10% have contemplated suicide
Typically, one or more of the following is responsible for your suffering:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Painful nerve disorders
- Post-surgical pain
- Other conditions
- Joint pain
The Journal of the American Medical Association estimates the annual cost to businesses through the loss of productivity at $61.2 billion.
Pain is a difficult thing to manage because there is no measurement tool for it and it varies from person to person. We know how you feel.
FIXPAIN.com’s partner physicians utilize a specialized spectrum of treatment options available to migraine headache pain sufferers. One of their most innovative pain procedures has shown unparalleled results in the revolution of headache pain, allowing severe headache sufferers to return to a life they thought was lost – a life without fear of the sudden onset of disabling pain. A life of freedom.
Through the FIXPAIN.com network of elite physicians you will have the ability to effectively treat severe headaches. They possess the skills and experience to provide cutting-edge care, including the NIPP™ migraine procedure. We partner with some of the most experienced physicians in the world, considered experts in their fields. They are even published in peer-reviewed research journals. Migraine Treatment Centers of America’s physicians have successfully treated hundreds of patients who suffer from severe chronic headaches.